Tuesday, April 5, 2011

It's Tuesday at Makeupland (laaate Weekly Post)

I know it's been forever since I last posted here, I'm not even going to give any excuses, just say I'm sorry and really hope I could sit down and write the MILLION ideas on my schedule.

I don't want the post to be Bible-long, so I'm going to try to be concise and clear.

Weekly Offer

This week I've gone crazy, BUY ONE GET ONE FREE at my ArtFire shop!! (not on Etsy, sorry!). Everything applies except palettes and pressed palette refills.
This leads me to...

ArtFire

Lost in Makeupland is now on ArtFire too! For those of you who don't know ArtFire, it's an Etsy-like place but better.
Why? I'll give you the simplest reason. NO FEES for me. As my shop slowly grows, I also have to pay more Etsy fees and have to buy more supplies. I just can't put up with that.
Shipping costs have gone crazy, I'm still unemployed and have to pay my car, bills and eat and I just can't. I also want to study and just can't pay for it all. I don't want to raise my shipping charges and want to keep LiM affordable for everybody and that's the only way to do it I can come up with.

So, from now on, all my offers, discounts and a little reward system for returning customers I want to put up before summer are going to be on my ArtFire shop only.
Registering there is free for you and pricing will be the same for my products.

Navigation is easy and hey, the shop looks lovely! Another plus is that I can add more product pictures, keep a blog there... Really, it's amazing the tools they give us sellers to make the experience so much nicer and easier for you.


I'm not going to close my Etsy shop, but I'd like my customers to use the ArtFire one instead. Obviously, it's up to you whether you prefer to buy there or not, but it's a nice way to help support companies you like.

If you have any doubts or questions as to how to use ArtFire, just let me know and I'll try to put together a mini tutorial or something :)

Contest winners

I know, I know! I haven't forgotten about this! So, before you get bored of my ramblings and go away, I'll announce the winners of my 100 sales celebration contest! 

And, the lucky winners are:

-My favourite look (this was really hard to chose! I loved them all!) who'll receive 10 samples of her choice...

 Rach!!

-For the 50% off coupons



Aaaaaand, the big winner of $50 in Lost in Makeupland products of her choice is....


Congratulations ladies!!! I hope you're happy with your prices :D I'll contact all of you during this week with all the info.

I want to thank all the people who joined the contest, it was fun and I loved it. Next one will be when I reach 500! ;D

 
What's going on?
 
I'm working on a LOT of things. Those of you who follow me on Twitter and know me a bit know that I'm not going through good times. It affects me in a weird way, I find it very hard to sit down and "produce" stuff but I'm incredibly creative, I've been making a lot of new products, some of them have been tested already, some are being tested and others I haven't found the time to try yet.

As a new, important note, I'm trying out lip balm formulas, they're so fun! I can't give a launch date yet since it's still in the earliest phase of testing. I'll be sending a few volunteers samples so they can try them and I can also check how they behave in different weathers. My idea is to sell them in cute little tins, tinted and not. I haven't decided on a price yet. I'll tell you more about this as soon as I can.

The Alice's Chains collection is definitely going to be released this month.I want to add a couple of new blush shades to it, one of them will be very neutral going in the line of the collection, and the other will be EXTRA bold. The jar design will be super cute, it was designed by the lovely Sakura and I love it. <3

I also have a bunch of new highlighters ready to be released but don't see that happening anytime soon. I'm quite low on some supplies and until I find a new jar supplier with REASONABLE shipping costs I can't spend a fortune on big jars. Really, it's insane the way prices have gone up, I can't put up with that.

Something beautiful

I want to finish this post with something beautiful. I'm always angry at my neighbour because he's got a lot of trees on his patio and they go into my patio, fruits fall down and ruin mine, tree leaves fall down too, I just fucking hate it and have thought about ruining his trees more than once.

But I have to admit that I love this tree and don't mind it going into my patio (just while it's this beautiful lol). It bloomed a couple of days ago and looks stunning.


So, how are things going on lately? Have you ever used ArtFire? What's your opinion on it? I've only been there for a little time so I'd love to check out other people's opinions. 

Any blogs worth discovering? I'd love to get to know new food, fashion and hair related places on the net :D 

4 comments:

eRiN said...

YAY SHELBY :D

Law Frog said...

I'm excited to hear about the new products! I hope you find a new supplier soon.

Skulda said...

Congratulations to the winners.
I can't wait to see your new projects.

Rach said...

Hey Hun

I just got back from St Lucia so only just saw this I am so glad you liked my eye look :D do you want me to pop you a mail?

Love xxx

Post a Comment