Thursday, May 5, 2011

Morgana Cryptoria Lipstick Swatches - Round Two!

Some time ago, I posted swatches of the four Morgana Cryptoria lipsticks I owned back then (click here to see them). After that, I ordered several samples to try out a lot of shades I liked. Today I'm swatching them.

These colors (except Gilded Ballerina which I bought a full size tube) were applied with a finger (GB was applied directly from the tube). I find Morgana's lipsticks are best applied from the bullet, if you have any weird edges or feel like you need to fill in a little spot, go over it with a little lipstick brush then the bullet, I think that's how they work the best. If you see any uneven parts it's due to the camera and that I didn't take the biggest care in applying them since I was going to take them off immediately.

Samples aren't available anymore, but there is an ultra helpful page where you can see swatches of every lipstick taken from different blogs, which means you'll see how they look in different lightings, lips and skin tones.

On to the swatches!

SANGRIA
I get 3-4 hours of wear with this one. It's one of my favourites, GORGEOUS!!! It's beautiful and flattering and goes perfect with a a fuchsia blush. I need to get a full size of this.



SUNSET PEACH
This color doesn't suit my coloring, but it doesn't mean it isn't beautiful. What I do to be able to use it is apply it very lightly on top of a fuchsia lipstick or as a mere stain on my lips under a bright gloss. I've worn it at home for a good 3 hours.



VERY STRAWBERRY
LO-LO-LOVE it!! This one is very similar to Very Cherry, but much pinker while Cherry is redder. You need it, and that's all I need to say about it. It's one of the most moisturizing lipsticks I've tried from Morgana. I get over four hours of wear with this one.



GILDED CERISE
The picture makes the lipstick no justice. It has a light gold shift which I couldn't capture with the cam but looks gorgeous in person. If you are warm toned, you'll love it. I get about 4 hours of wear with it, it also feels especially moisturizing.



ROSES AND VIOLETS
This is one of my favorites. It's perfect for any look, both soft, bright and dark smokey. I've used it in any look you can think of. This one lasts around 4 hours on me. It has the prettiest violet shift to it and feels amazing on the lips.


DIANTHUS
This one is beautifu. A cool metallic rose. Since I don't feel comfortable with a metallic look on my lips, I like to use a fuchsia gloss on top. I get 3-4 hours of wear wearing it alone, with a gloss around 2-3. Reeeeally flattering on my skin tone.



ROSE PLUM 
This is a gorgeous "neutral". It doesn't look as reddish as on my swatch IRL, it's a bit lighter, imagine your lip color a couple of tones darker. It's perfect for any kind of look and I use it constantly. I get 3-4 hours of wear and have purchased a full size tube of it.



MOCHA BLAST
I wouldn't wear this one as is outside because I'm not comfortable with dark colors on my lips and makes me look vampy, but I've used it as a stain under a red gloss and love the result. It's got a beautiful red shine to it and it's really creamy. I haven't fully tested how long it lasts, but after two hours I had it on it looked exactly the same as applied.


COCOA
This shade is underrated. It's PERFECT. I can say without a doubt this is my favourite your lips but better lipstick, a perfect neutral I feel is great for any skin tone. It's a rosy brown that feels and look beautiful. I get 3-4 hours of wear from it and had to order a full size since I'm almost out of it. I won't be happy if it ever gets discontinued.



GILDED BALLERINA
This is the only full size I purchased. It's BEAUTIFUL I love it, yet it doesn't completely suit me since it's a tiny bit too light for me. What I do is layer it on top of Azalea blue or Cocoa so I can wear it. I get 3-4 hours of wear with it. It's a beautiful color which suits many looks.



That's all! I've ordered one more, Pumpkin Eater, so I'll swatch it for you when I have it.

Have you tried the new Morgana lipsticks? Which one is your favorite? What ideas do you come up with when a lipstick doesn't suit you and you want to adapt it to your skin tone?

<3

8 comments:

Cydonian said...

omg Sangria is amazing and so is the Cerise shade... they are so metallic and pretty!

Phyrra said...

Lovely swatches!

P said...

Beautiful! I've been debating on buy Roses and Violets for a while now, and your swatches totally made up my mind for me! And I'm pretty sure I'll be grabbing Sangria, too! Thanks for the swatches!

MadeByJulietta said...

Sunset peach anyday !!


MadeByJulietta.blogspot.com

krista carlson said...

they all look lovely on you..

Mai said...

Mmmm I love Gilded Cerise, I seriously love the lipstick and need to get a full size version of it soon!

Clara said...

Beautiful swatches!!
I think we have the same coloring, as the color that suits you suit me.
I don't know which pink/red to choose between very strawberry and gilded cerise, do you have any advice? :)
Roses and violet isn't too pale for you?
thanks in advance!!

Mandy said...

I am in love with Sangria, and Roses & Violets. What a great set of swatches you've done! And the result is just making me want to spend more money... :-)

Post a Comment