Saturday, April 16, 2011

Makeupland's Weekly Post

It's very late in the week, but here it is my little resume of what's going on here at Makeupland these days.

Alice's Chains

I've decided to release the collection next Wednesday, April 20. I'll give you more details at the start of the week. Remember about it? I reformulated it some time ago, but never released it.

Here you have my old swatches as a reminder :D



Suppliers

I blogged last week about the TKB Pops being discontinued and the trouble that brought to my business because of the need to reformulate and the ingredients on the possible replacements.

Well, I asked around the net and was told about other companies with possible replacements. At the end I've decided to stick to really similar micas carried by Coastal Scents. I can't be thankful enough to Melissa, the wonderful woman behind Morgana Cryptoria, because she sent me the links and gave me some useful info on suppliers. You already know I'm a Morgana fan and about my obsession with her lippies, well, I can't recommend you enough this shop, they offer great quality products (my favourite lipsticks!) and you also get a wonderful customer service and honesty. I think all of us indie sellers should be like Melissa when it comes to professionality :)

It will take me some time to be able to order these micas and formulate my products like they originally were. The great thing about these micas is that they have the same basic ingredients than the Pops.

Weekly Offer

Until next Sunday 24, you can get a 10% off every order over $15 (doesn't include shipping) at my ArtFire shop! Just write the coupon APRIL10 at checkout for the discount :D


I'll keep this post short, so it ends here, but I can't help but point you towards Lisa Eldridge's site. She's currently doing a special on make up through the eras, and the different trends and products on the different decades from Victorian up to nowadays. It's DELIGHTFUL hearing her talk about what was used and how woman used it through the years, the incredible packaging and pigmentation of some products... Aaaaah! I've watched the three videos up so far a few times and squeeee every time! Tell me they aren't delightful and awesome IF YOU DARE!

1 comments:

krista carlson said...

That collection looks perfect for me...Oh so cool..

Post a Comment